Cocooning Goal

Well, Hello there!
Lovely, cold, bitter day here in Tassie. Sun shining, but cold.
I like this sort of weather, makes you want to cocoon, pull out the throws, add more cushions (not like we don't have tonnes already!) and lots of candles etc.
One thing I have yet to do is bring our living room rug back out. I have been thinking maybe I will leave it, but after seeing this image, I am going to get it back out.
You get used to having bare floors over Summer and forget how warming it is to a space to have that rug, an anchor, in a room.

As you know, I am adding some new blinds soon to our Kitchen....then I stumble across this!
I am more, and more convinced that I need shelves and a island like this.
Our ceiling and floors are basically the same- meant to be!
Our center island has seen better days, lets be honest and my dear Dad has done his best to fix it up for us and make it work, but at the end of the day as he says "It has been poorly built and it needs re doing". Well Daddy, wanna build me one like this????

So, that's the goal for the week
-to warm and cozy up our kitchen and living room.
What are you doing for the change in seasons??